I’ve been threatening to do a big post on Pixel 2 for a loooong time now, so when trying to come up with some tidbits to give you guys this week on our upcoming projects, I decided now might be the time to finally make good on that promise. I’m a little frustrated as I REALLY wanted want to do a Pixel 2 trailer- motionless pixels are just dots and don’t do the game justice, but unfortunately the video was coming out choppy due to Camtasia awesomeness so pictures are all you’re going to get. But… I have lots of pictures!
Jimmy has been working on and off on Pixel 2 for a long time, and believe it or not he’s actually kinda close to wrapping this project up. We gone through roughly 50,000 changes, adding things, remove items, changing menus, and so on. The latest build of Pixel 2 has a number of key features and some differences from the original Pixel game:
- The casual feeling still remains, and we have an all new music track from the original composer for Pixel 1!
- There are 4 “worlds” to play in with unique enemies. The game length is still pretty comparable to Pixel 1.
- Between each world you can now choose special abilities and there are lots to choose from! Fire, acid, lightning, exploding, mines, and more! Each ability changes the game somewhat and also creates pretty new effects!
- You now have “life.” You can die from getting hit, but you don’t lose life when you shoot as you did in Pixel 1. The flip side of this is that whereas in Pixel 1 game progress was based on your life, in here it isn’t. You can’t get stuck at a point in the game where you just can’t get past.
- Combos are now represented in the top left corner and are a bit more clearer. They determine your score, whenever you get hit they are reset.
- All bullets are piercing now, they pass through enemies.
- Finally, you can beat the game to unlock a survival mission where you play for as long as you can without getting hit once! It’s really hard, but it’s fun to compare scores.
Hopefully I’ll have some information on a release date soon!