Alright everyone, despite the fact that there has been some rampant impatient whining going on this blog, we DO still love you guys. And although we’ve been extremely busy here and haven’t been able to respond to many of the 1500+ comments finding their way to us, we have been taking in all the feedback positive and negative. Everyone has gave us a lot of very good feedback- I don’t agree with all of it, but it’s been pretty constructive and useful.
With that said, I’m pleased to announce that we’ve just updated the game up to Version 1.04 over at ArmorGames.com!
Version 1.04 includes a lot of changes:
- Added an “Efficiency Mode” button under the “Settings” menu (from either in game or the main menu). Although we can’t guarantee anything, if you are experiencing heavy lag this new fancy button might just clear that up. It adjusts the settings, effects, and frame rate and in our experience has really boosted the game speed on slower computers.
- The Sticky Enemies in the second arena “The Goober” has had it’s life dropped from 18 to 10.
- A new part for avatar tanks has been created: the “Mega Cannon”. Essentially all it is is a glorified Heavy Cannon but for large class 4 or larger tanks with slow movement speed. It deals 1 more damage than a Heavy Cannon but costs 1 GP less. This combined with Auto Cannons, Massive Cannons, Bullet Busters, and Shields can give your large class tank a fighting chance and some really massive damage dealing capabilities (use Bullet Buster and Shield for defense). If you complete the built in Arena “The Surprise” you can unlock it. If you already beaten that Arena, it should automatically unlock for you.
- Each enemy Mine Layer can only drop a maximum of 8 mines. So if you have an enemy with 2 Mine Layers it can do 16, etc… If it creates more than 8 mines out, it’ll pop the oldest one.
- If an enemy is composed of only a Seeker Carrier and then you pop that, the Enemy automatically dies now.
- We’ve looked into the intro loader audio problem. Not 100% sure it is fixed, we’ll find out…
- If you try to edit an enemy with over 12 GP, you can now.
- Cheat Code now has an option to get up to 50 GP (you cannot save tanks with over 12).
- We’ve also made a significant number of miscellaneous security/bug fixes.
Also, if you’re worried about content quality, be sure to RATE stuff. We are constantly going through and marking tanks to be featured. We are also personally creating some new Arenas ourselves and are going to be stepping up the amount of content created by Hero. To see what is Featured or made by Hero Interactive, simply check out the “Search” menus!
Additionally, currently, Bubble Tanks Arenas is only available (if it is legit) on ArmorGames.com. This is good despite what you may think- if we find problems (and we always do) this is the file that we upload and patch with fixes. Beginning July 1st, the game will be available everywhere (Newgrounds, Kongregate, and so on).
We will have a lot more news on projects coming out sometime soon. Enjoy!