Many of you have already heard us mention that a Bubble Tanks 3 is in the works, but we’ve never officially announced it until now. Scheduled to be released in Fall 2010, Bubble Tanks 3 will continue the main line of Bubble Tanks games. I really wanted to announce this before the release of BTA for two reasons:
1) There’s a lot of confusion around Bubble Tanks Arenas – many people mistakenly think that BT Arenas IS Bubble Tanks 3… it is not. BT Arenas was always meant to be a branch off of the traditional Bubble Tanks fare… we tried to make that obvious with changing the theme to a red color. Bubble Tanks 3 is the next full game in the same style. In conclusion BTA is not BT3 and we want everyone to know that.
2) Some of you out there who were looking for a game just like BT2 may be a little disappointed. In BTA you can only fight in Arenas which limit where you can go and you can’t run away. That wouldn’t be so bad, but the game IS harder than the standard Bubble Tanks game. Also, BTA has a LOT of features which is a lot to take in and learn. Bubble Tanks 3 will return to the standard Bubble Tanks world, you’ll be able to move anywhere freely.
Here is some additional information about Bubble Tanks 3 that we can share right now:
- It will be blue again. See the banner above.
- Whereas BTA doesn’t really have any new weapons, Bubble Tanks 3 will have TONS of new weapons and parts for you to play with.
- You’ll still be able to design your own tank or use a pre-built tank if you’d like.
- BT3 will support cool new features such as Allies and many others.
- The enemies in BT3 will automatically download from our server, so you’ll always see something new every time you play!
More news will come out in a few months. But rest assured for now that a Bubble Tanks 3 is in the works.