Here’s the official list of changes that will be made to StormWinds to create StormWinds 1.5. Turret lists and enemy lists will be provided as they are produced!
1) The easy, medium, and hard difficulty settings will be abolished. Instead of playing one long ass game, there will be an overworld map with selectable campaigns the player can choose to play in any order they choose. Each campaign will have an assigned difficulty. Rather than just changing enemy hit points based on difficulty, harder campaigns will actually have harder enemies and harder situations.
2) Each campaign will be about 15 levels, but the levels will be much shorter. Each campaign will also have it’s own background artwork. Levels will try to me more intense and varied in game play.
3) Each campaign will have it’s own subset of weapons and enemies, forcing you to adopt different strategies and experiment.
4) There will be 2 or 3 campaigns that will be locked out as extra content.
5) There will be many more weapons and enemies in the game. Much more content is a key component. A few ideas are a drone decoy (which I think is sweet), as well as a time altering gun of sorts (either slows down or stops altogether enemies). I’d also like some turrets that can be used in combination. Depending on time, it’d be cool to make a turret that gives you control of a unit airship you can drive around and shoot from.
6) Some sound effects will be added.
7) There will be a few extra *challenge* campaigns. They will be REALLY short, and will have goals associated with them, as well as high score boards. An example would be having a few levels where the goal is have the best accuracy using a certain gun, etc…Points are awarded based on time or some other objective. Another challenge campaign might incorporate auto firing turrets you can use, and you can’t let enemies get by. Challenge high score boards will use armorbot.
8 ) The auto gun level up thing is going to be scrapped in favor of a system that allows the player to manually distribute how they upgrade. They’ll either spend money or experience points, not quite sure yet. Each gun in “buy” mode will have info next to it such as the level of the gun, as well as a “more” button that opens up an upgrade screen and detailed stats for that weapon.
9) Going to try to make further optimizations to increase the game speed and frame rate so it doesn’t feel like it’s lagging on slower machines.
10) Each week, for Armor Games and Hero Interactive, I’ll add an extra *challenge* campaign.